[dns-operations] Reporting glue as authoritive data -- Bug!

Edward Lewis Ed.Lewis at neustar.biz
Fri Feb 1 16:02:04 UTC 2008

At 12:06 +0100 2/1/08, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:

>From my experience, this is more complicated than that. I had my share
>of ignored messages, sent in private, which were followed by public
>remarks who were able to trigger immediate action.

I'm sorry about your luck.  But there are still appropriate channels to follow.

>It is only for NUS paying customers, I presume? As a registrant of a
>".org" domain, or as an ordinary user who wants to resolve names in
>".org", can I use this channel? (That's a real question, not made to
>embarass someone: who are the customers?)

I see Joe beat me to the punch, I wanted to confirm my response before posting.

Yes, we take calls from people "off the street."  But as per the
agreements we have with TLDs, the problem is routinely forwarded to
the TLD registry and then we work with them, as a supplier, to fix
the problem.  The data in the DNS is the responsibility of the
registry after all.

We are willing to at least help point a caller to the proper channel
for attention.  E.g., for .ORG problems, call Joe.
NeuStar

Mail archives, backups.  Sometimes I think the true beneficiaries of
standards work are the suppliers of disk drives.