[dns-operations] D9.INFO.AFILIAS-NST.ORG

Jaap Akkerhuis jaap at NLnetLabs.nl
Mon Apr 21 14:41:43 UTC 2008

    Hi Joe,

    > One of the checks that the IANA performs is, I believe, that the apex  =

    > NS set matches the requested delegation NS set.

    You are right, for what I know, here are some of the tests that
    IANA performs:

On http://www.icann.org/announcements/announcement-18aug06.htm
(Comments Sought on Technical Checks Used for DNS Root Zone Changes),
IANA states "The tests that IANA conducts today".

As far as I know remember (but I have a flakey memory), this search
for comments (!) has also been announced on this list.

I don't know what the outcome of this process has been, but I seem
to remember that IANA announced something somewhere about a tool
one could test.

	jaap