[dns-operations] OARC Meeting and Research Workshop, Fri/Sat 2/3 Los Angeles

Keith Mitchell keith at isc.org
Fri Nov 2 00:54:35 UTC 2007

The agenda for this is now pretty much finalized at:

 	http://public.oarci.net/oarc/workshop-2007/agenda/

I am still awaiting most slide decks, and will link to these from the
above web page as I receive them.

Note that we are no longer doing a member-only session first thing on
Friday afternoon, the entire meeting is now *open* for all attendees.
If you plan to attend and haven't done so, please can you register ASAP
at:

	https://oarc.isc.org/register.php

We plan to have remote participation available via the ICANN meeting
webcast facilities. The exact URL is to be confirmed, but will be
something like:

	http://media1.icann.org/ramgen/broadcast/international.*

using realmedia video and audio streaming.

The usual jabber room at:

	<xmpp:dns-operations at conference.jabber.oarc.isc.org>

will also be available. A teleconference bridge may additionally be an
option, please contact me if you'd like to use this.

For remote participation, note that the US is still on summer time, i.e.
meeting local time PDT is *seven* hours behind UTC, not the more usual
8-hour difference.

Local wireless network connectivity is via the "ICANN" meeting SSID on
802.11b/g.

Nominet have kindly offered to sponsor a meeting dinner on Friday
evening at 18:00, this will be at:

	The Cheesecake Factory
	4142 Via Marina
	Marina del Rey CA 90292

Note that restaurant spaces are limited, and we cannot guarantee dinner
for anyone who has not registered for the meeting by noon PDT tomorrow.

Finally, a big thank you to Steve Conte and all his colleagues at ICANN
for generously providing the venue, coffee, lunch, connectivity and
webcasting facilities on top of a very busy week for them.

Look forward to seeing you all tomorrow.

Keith