[dns-operations] friday version of dnscap

Florian Weimer fw at deneb.enyo.de
Thu May 10 22:00:14 UTC 2007

* Paul Vixie:

> but apparently it's a lot harder to fix the rpm system on linux?

I've got a faint recollection that libbind is somehow unsupported
upstream.  We (speaking with my non-RPM distro hat) don't want to ship
anything that's considered dead by the original programmers.

Perhaps I'm mixing things up, but I thought that liblwres was the way
to go.

> i've already grown accustomed to -g.  i could #ifdef it maybe?  something
> like "#ifndef NO_LIBBIND_AVAILABLE" ?

On my system, fp_nquery is part of libresolv, but the output format
does not separate the different sections in the response, unlike dig.
This makes it somewhat ambiguous and potentially less useful.