[dns-operations] friday version of dnscap

Paul Vixie paul at vix.com
Sun May 6 20:46:23 UTC 2007

> On GNU/Linux systems, at least Gentoo and Debian, this is a regression
> since we have again:
>
> /home/stephane/AFNIC/dnscap/dnscap.c:1127:
>	undefined reference to `__ns_put32'

given that you have to link against libbind to get fp_nquery, it's a mystery
to me why the ns_put32 symbol would be missing.  is fp_nquery in libc there?

> Otherwise, a problem with libbind is that it can have different
> names. On Gentoo or Debian or NetBSD, it is libbind9 so I have to
> change the Makefile to LDLIBS=-lbind9

libbind9 does not have fp_nquery, or ns_put32.  it is part of bind9 and all
of its symbols begin with isc_.  you really need libbind, not libbind9, here.