[dns-operations] Delegation to IPs?

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Mon Mar 19 15:40:16 UTC 2007

On Mon, Mar 19, 2007 at 04:27:31PM +0100,
 Roy Arends <roy at dnss.ec> wrote
 a message of 48 lines which said:

> 2) let resolvers configure local zones for numeric hostnames.
> All these silly hacks will allow these misconfigs to exist,

Do you really regard 2) as a "silly hack"? Because it is basically
what is suggested in Internet-Draft
draft-ietf-dnsop-default-local-zones-01.

> Option (2): I can't really see anyone willing to configure a zone
> that has 2^32 records.

Why 2^32 records? 256 empty zones are enough. Nobody suggested to make
"Delegation to IPs" work, quite the opposite...