[dns-operations] FreeBSD and the slaving of the root zone

Joe Abley jabley at ca.afilias.info
Tue Jul 31 22:58:45 UTC 2007

On 31-Jul-2007, at 18:30, Matt Larson wrote:

>> I.e. I have no idea what *real* problem this solves.
>
> Crap to the roots.

Is that a real problem felt by root operators, or a perceived problem
assumed by others?

(I seem to think that root operators I've talked to welcome the crap,
since it doesn't noticeably reduce their headroom and provides the
potential for insight into the behaviour of the global resolver
population. This, in turn, has the potential to facilitate more
effective planning. But I'm paraphrasing, and reading between lines,
and writing based on whatever residual memory wasn't destroyed by the
beer.)

Joe