[dns-operations] DNSWorld conference 2007

Steve Gibbard scg at gibbard.org
Fri Jul 13 23:39:46 UTC 2007

On Fri, 13 Jul 2007, David Ulevitch wrote:

> In their program they also link to Steve Gibbard's post at CircleID
> which insinuates that he is involved somehow, which I doubt.  Also, we

For the record, I have not received an invitation to speak at their
conference, so I'm not sure how my paper ended up in their program.  The
only contact I've had with the organizers came after I sent mail asking to
be removed from their agenda in the absence of such an invitation, at
which point Mr. Fisher's response was rather hostile.

This is too bad, as my thinking prior to that had been along the lines of
those expressed in Ed Lewis's excellent post to the list -- live and let
live.  Educating those who aren't operators of core DNS infrastructure
about DNS could be quite useful.

-Steve