[dns-operations] Karl Auerbach on adding 'millions' more TLD - what do folks think about the operational impact?

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Tue Jan 9 08:52:05 UTC 2007

On Mon, Jan 08, 2007 at 02:28:42PM -0800,
 Roland Dobbins <rdobbins at cisco.com> wrote
 a message of 24 lines which said:

> > there never has been a technological limit.
>
> That's kind of my thinking, yet Auerbach seems to gloss over those
> reasons,

Because ICANN keeps spreading FUD about the "security and the
stability of the Internet", pretending that there is some mysterious
limit to the number of TLD (of course, they never write down their
FUD, which is too easily rebuttable).

Once we recognize that the problem is 100 % political, we can move on
to more operational issues.