[dns-operations] charter, sitefinder, opendns (slashdot today)

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Fri Feb 16 10:28:22 UTC 2007

On Thu, 15 Feb 2007, Paul Vixie wrote:

> then we'll see tcp/443 (https) in order to force isp's to keep their
> hands off.

Why not just run normal DNS over 443/TCP? You can almost do this now with
bind, although I can't find a way of making it never try UDP. You can get
reasonable throughput over TCP if you pipeline the queries. Adding HTTP
CONNECT and/or TLS tunnelling would be a bonus.

Tony.
ROCKALL MALIN HEBRIDES BAILEY: SOUTH 7 TO SEVERE GALE 9 VEERING WEST OR
SOUTHWEST 5 OR 6. VERY HIGH DECREASING ROUGH. SQUALLY SHOWERS. MODERATE OR
GOOD.