[dns-operations] charter, sitefinder, opendns (slashdot today)

Paul Vixie paul at vix.com
Thu Feb 15 23:45:08 UTC 2007

> >>     GET http://x.gtld-servers.net/ HTTP/1.0
> >>
> >>     <QUERY NAME="example.com" CLASS="IN" TYPE="A"></QUERY>
>
> Also, GETs can't have message bodies.  It would have to be POST,
> which pretty much makes it not cachable anyway.

ok, you got me on that one.  how about this?

    GET http://x.gtld-servers.net/query.cgi HTTP/1.1
    Name: EXAMPLE.COM
    Class: IN
    Type: A

in other words i agree that this should be cacheable ("duh!") but i don't
want the URI to include the query terms unless the URI really is universal
and does not include the server name, so it would be dns:// rather than
https:// which is precisely what i think can't develop in this market.