[dns-operations] Use of Views/ACLs to defeat DNS rebinding/pinning attacks?

Roland Dobbins rdobbins at cisco.com
Tue Aug 7 21:32:00 UTC 2007

On Aug 7, 2007, at 2:28 PM, David Ulevitch wrote:

> The "internal host access" is an important point, but it's not
> required
> for the attack, nor is it what folks should be focused on, it's just a
> symptom of the problem.

Correct - it's simply an application of the technique.  As it's one
of great concern for enterprises, it seems to me that since there
might be a low-drag way of combatting this particular application
using existing BIND ACLs/Views (or maybe by slightly enhancing these
existing tools), such an effort might be worthwhile.

Roland Dobbins <rdobbins at cisco.com> // 408.527.6376 voice

	Culture eats strategy for breakfast.

            -- Ford Motor Company