[dns-operations] Fw: FreeBSD and the slaving of the root zone

john.dickinson at nominet.org.uk john.dickinson at nominet.org.uk
Thu Aug 2 11:59:18 UTC 2007

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2007-August/036510.html

> Do note the script does not even call named-checkconf to check the
> zone file before reloading! Nor does it test the PGP
> signature. Crappy.

They are not the only ones trying to do this. Take a look at
Treewalk. It has something called the ICANN slave-root package.

http://ntcanuck.com/downloads.htm

I can not find clear explanation of what it does and I don't have a
windows box to examine it on. However, it doesn't sound good to me
and if lots of windows users started doing this...

John