[dns-operations] A Case Against DNSSEC (A Matasano Miniseries)

Matt Larson mlarson at verisign.com
Wed Apr 4 18:34:38 UTC 2007

On Wed, 04 Apr 2007, Rodney Joffe wrote:
> On Apr 4, 2007, at 10:23 AM, Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> >On Wed, Apr 04, 2007 at 09:21:34AM -0700, Rodney Joffe wrote:
> >>fewer than the equivalent of 30 servers. But it needs a philosophical
> >>change in attitude that the protectors of those users have to make.
> >
> >Being as the waving of the word philosophy in this discussion is like
> >a red flag to me, I'm moved to ask, "Which philosophical change is
> >contemplated?"  So far, as near as I've been able to tell, the
> >philosophical change proposed is, "Those we don't know get poorer
> >service."
>
> You have not understood my proposal.

You have not described one.  There's no way someone who was not
previously familiar with your multi-service-class idea could ferret
out the details from your recent postings to this list; witness the
follow-up posts asking what you meant by control plane.

Could I please suggest that you describe it in more detail if you want
to keep talking about it.

Matt