[dns-operations] "EarthLink Criticized for DNS Redirects"

Sean Donelan sean at donelan.com
Sat Sep 16 04:13:15 UTC 2006

On Fri, 15 Sep 2006, Joe Abley wrote:
>> much like Canada who has all customers go through their
>> "port 25" infrastructure -
>
> None of the Canadian ISPs whose internals I am familiar with have
> anything like this going on. Was that a typo for "China"?

I suspect Barry is refering to the Industry Canada's Task Force
on Spam Best Practices for ISPs

http://e-com.ic.gc.ca/epic/internet/inecic-ceac.nsf/en/h_gv00340e.html

2. ISPs and other network operators should limit, by default, the use of
port 25 by end-users. If necessary, the ability to send or receive mail
over port 25 should be restricted to hosts on the provider's network. Use
of port 25 by end-users should be permitted on an as-needed basis, or as
set out in the provider's end-user agreement / terms of service.