[dns-operations] [from nanog] in.dnsbl.org must not be used for mail filtering

David Ulevitch davidu at everydns.net
Wed May 31 03:13:04 UTC 2006

Mark didn't mention it but there is some discussion about making it
non-public (I support this).  It isn't to close out data from the
public -- it's because whenever we find out about someone "public"
using it they are using it in a terribly stupid way and have no
understanding of what the in.dnsbl.org zone is for.

Is *anyone* out there using it for something?  Please let me know if
you are using the zone and what for. (Rick, I remember you mentioned
wanting a copy, ever get it?).

If you're a contributor to the dnsbl or the email list no need to
tell me, I already know.

Speaking of which, maybe a brief explanation to the dns-op meeting on
Friday about how the most of the dynamic or free dns providers
collaborate and share data would be in order.  We've got a lot of
automated and non-automated ways of sharing data (Most of which are a
credit to Mark Jeftovic, who has recently handed a lot of
responsibilities to Tim Wilde and I as he just became a father).

Thanks,
David