[dns-operations] If I were the suspicioustype....(was:DNSAmplification Attacks)

John Palmer (NANOG Acct) nanog at adns.net
Fri Mar 24 01:10:29 UTC 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Per Heldal" <heldal at eml.cc>
To: <dns-operations at lists.oarci.net>
Sent: Thursday, March 23, 2006 7:06 PM
Subject: Re: [dns-operations] If I were the suspicioustype....(was:DNSAmplification Attacks)

> On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 18:05:28 -0600, "John Palmer (NANOG Acct)"
> <nanog at adns.net> said:

> > Show how they could otherwise do it.
>
> As stated above. Private resources are accessed through private
> networks.  Or in this case: alt-root operators can provide their users
> with the knowledge and softare neccessary to run their own private
> resolver ;)

We aren't talking about private resources, we are talking about
publically available resources. Thats like telling me that I should
not be able to operate a public website on port 80 becuase of
some nebulous security risk, when you are really just saying that
you don't like the content of my website and are trying to make
excuses not to let me operate it on a well-known port  in order
to make it almost invisible to the average internet user.