[dns-operations] If I were the suspicioustype....(was:DNSAmplification Attacks)

John Palmer (NANOG Acct) nanog at adns.net
Fri Mar 24 00:05:28 UTC 2006

You  need one if your ISP doesn't provide a resolver that
uses and alternate root. That is, unless you run your own
resolver locally on your machine and give it an INS root
hint file.

Most people don't do that, Stephane. I stand by
my statement - most users will need to use an ORN

Show how they could otherwise do it.