[dns-operations] If I were the suspicious type....(was:DNSAmplification Attacks)

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Thu Mar 23 16:06:31 UTC 2006

On Thu, Mar 23, 2006 at 09:12:31AM -0600,
 John Palmer (NANOG Acct) <nanog at adns.net> wrote
 a message of 49 lines which said:

> But it also denies choice to internet users who want to use
> inclusive servers and locks people into using the ICANN root.

I was always doutbtful of John Palmer's technical abilities but this
one is enough. He really believes you need an ORN to use an
alternative root?

[I use ORSN nameservers at home and I certainly do not rely on ORNs,
only on the fact that my IAP let the packets to port 53 go through
unmolested, something that not all IAPs guarantee.]