[dns-operations] If I were the suspicious type.... (was:DNSAmplification Attacks)

Paul Vixie paul at vix.com
Thu Mar 23 17:32:53 UTC 2006

# Because our niche, is clean unfettered internet access with no restrictions
# (nuthin but net) because that's important to some people.

you should send me an entry for http://www.vix.com/personalcolo/ in that case?

# Wow maybe we understand each other better now? You want a global solution
# that eliminates the problem from the net pov,

no, you still do not understand me.  i want to keep services available in
spite of the incompetence, malevolence, and ambivilance of other operators,
and unlike benjamin franklin i am willing to trade some liberty for some
security.  i am now working actively to make BCP38 an inevitable business
requirement for american ISP's, and this will manifest as a "stick" to many.

# ... We probably have different views on how to handle terrorism as well <g>.

i suspect not.  i think the P.A.T.R.I.O.T. act is heavily anti-patriotic and
i will systematically vote against every politician who says/acts otherwise.
(but i think that subject is off-topic for dns-operations, so if you follow
up on that point, please do so 1x1 rather than to the list as i'm doing.)