[dns-operations] If I were the suspicious type.... (was: DNSAmplification Attacks)

Paul Vixie paul at vix.com
Thu Mar 23 05:17:19 UTC 2006

# Did someone have to advise ISP's to block outbound port 25?

oh, yes.  big time.

# Geo. (that seems like a natural to me)

we (dave rand, my cofounder at MAPS, and i) are STILL fighting with isp's
to close down outbound tcp/25 from their dynamic address pools.  there's
an unbelievable amount of pushback, from well meaning but ignorant civil
libertarians mostly.  it's a similar story to open recursion -- i don't
like to see this kind of change, but the status quo has become even worse.