[dns-operations] Q: DNS server performance/conformance testing

Olaf M. Kolkman olaf at NLnetLabs.nl
Thu Mar 16 12:31:55 UTC 2006

On Mar 16, 2006, at 1:14 PM, G. S. Marzot wrote:

> My request is to see if others are doing similar things and could
> share
> experience, results, etc. Also if anyone has some sample
> 'queryperf' input data
> files along these lines, that would be helpful.

At NLnet Labs we have a lab setup for regression and performance
tests. We used this setup for measuring the effects of turning on
DNSSEC and we use it during the development of NSD. We are happy to
perform tests for third parties or supply a snapshot of the code used
in this setup.

We are specifically interested in comparing tests; its always good to
compare empirical results.

A description of the lab can be found here:
http://www.ripe.net/ripe/docs/ripe-352.html#sec:testsetup
and
http://www.ripe.net/ripe/meetings/ripe-43/presentations/ripe43-dnr-
distel/

One of my colleagues will be contacting you shortly off-list.

--Olaf

Olaf M. Kolkman
NLnet Labs
http://www.nlnetlabs.nl/