[dns-operations] negative caching of throwaway spam domains

Rick Wesson wessorh at ar.com
Thu Jun 22 16:39:24 UTC 2006

I've created a DNSRBL called day-old-bread (ok you think of a good name
for it) that contains a running list of domains registered in the last 5
days. It lives at dob.sibl.support-intelligence.net.

a test point is at
test.dob.sibl.support-intelligence.com.dob.sibl.support-intelligence.net.

the data set currently has just the last 2 days worth of domain
registrations.

The run rate will be around 5M domains for 5 days worth of registrations.

I appreciate any thoughts on how useful this might be, and feel free to
let others know the lists exists.

-rick