[dns-operations] negative caching of throwaway spam domains

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Thu Jun 22 03:49:38 UTC 2006

At 5:48 PM +0000 6/21/06, paul at vix.com wrote:

>>  The question is, is there something I can do to, other than telling the
>>  mail filter machines to all use the same instance of bind to avoid this
>>  happening?

	I believe that there are some sendmail milters which help make
this process a lot easier.  See some of the SnertSoft programs
available through milter.org.

>>  Also, a bit off topic, but it occurs to me that this kind of information
>>  is useful in spam fighting. Are there any rbls out there that list all
>>  domains registered in the last 48 hrs?

	I know of some things going on behind the scenes, but I'm not
going to talk publicly about them.  Interested parties can contact me
privately, and I'll forward your messages to the appropriate parties
who may then choose to contact you in reply.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755