[dns-operations] What is the most pressing need for DNS these days?

Rick Wesson wessorh at ar.com
Mon Jul 10 21:39:40 UTC 2006

David Conrad wrote:
> Rick,
>
> On Jul 10, 2006, at 11:29 AM, Rick Wesson wrote:
>> How do we as "dns operators" formally call out ICANN to produce the Root
>> Signing Keys
>
> In most discussions I have heard there are really two keys, the key
> signing key and the zone signing key.  Which do you believe ICANN should
> produce?

starting with the KSK would be nice but I bet DoC would like to do that
job. I just believe we get further if we push from an operational role.

>> associated rollover documentation.
>
> I would've thought the IETF would have been the place to produce the
> associated rollover documentation.

dude, as the IANA manager can't you stand up and gen the key? Posting
the public part of the KSK [on a t-shirt] would go a long way -- thats
in your job description, right?

[i'll go sit in the corner now, i've posted too much today]

-rick