[dns-operations] Shameless plug for our Zonecheck software (Was: af.mil DNS issue

John Payne john at sackheads.org
Sat Jul 1 17:46:53 UTC 2006

On Jul 1, 2006, at 3:26 AM, Patrik Fältström wrote:

> Shameless plug for a hobby project of mine...
>
> Please try http://dnscheck.se/
>
> I am together with Jakob Schlyter adding DNSCHECK verification to
> this tool, so if you have things we should do at the same time, let
> me know.

Couple of comments here too...

Is it necessary to try each MX for EVERY nameserver?    24 attempts
to get mail to an SOA email address seems excessive.
Also, if you're going to be reporting mail failures, you really
should learn the difference between tempfail (like in the case of
greylisting) and real failures.

I think zonecheck only tried each MX once, but still didn't grok
tempfail.

And this is aimed at zonecheck, I have issues with a _DNS_ checker
running open relay tests...