[dns-operations] [Fwd: Re: negative caching of throwaway spam domains]

Michael Monnerie michael.monnerie at it-management.at
Fri Dec 15 17:33:48 UTC 2006

On Donnerstag, 22. Juni 2006 19:35 Ken A wrote:
> > Subject: Re: [dns-operations] negative caching of throwaway spam
> > domains Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 09:39:24 -0700
> > From: Rick Wesson <wessorh at ar.com>
> >
> > I've created a DNSRBL called day-old-bread (ok you think of a good
> > name for it) that contains a running list of domains registered in
> > the last 5 days. It lives at dob.sibl.support-intelligence.net.
> >
> > a test point is at
> > test.dob.sibl.support-intelligence.com.dob.sibl.support-intelligenc
> >e.net.
> >
> > the data set currently has just the last 2 days worth of domain
> > registrations.
> >
> > The run rate will be around 5M domains for 5 days worth of
> > registrations.
> >
> > I appreciate any thoughts on how useful this might be, and feel
> > free to let others know the lists exists.

Does anybody know what happened to that DNSRBL? I've only now realized
it wouldn't work anymore, and tried to contact Rick Wesson directly,
but didn't get an answer.

mfg zmi
// Tel: 0676/846914666                        .network.your.ideas.
// PGP Key:        "curl -s http://zmi.at/zmi3.asc | gpg --import"
// Fingerprint: 44A3 C1EC B71E C71A B4C2  9AA6 C818 847C 55CB A4EE
// Keyserver: www.keyserver.net                 Key-ID: 0x55CBA4EE