[dns-operations] any interest in a DNS operations BOF at NANOG in Toronto?

Keith Mitchell keith at isc.org
Fri Dec 1 21:46:49 UTC 2006

Stephane,

> In that case, there is also the ICANN meeting in Sao Paulo next
> week.

Nicer weather than N. America right now I'm sure :-)

> I talk in the ccNSO technical workshop. In the opinion of the
> OARC people, what is the Single Most Important Issue to air to a wider
> audience here?

Thanks for offering to do this.

>From am OARC secretariat perspective, I guess tell them:
- OARC exists and can help
- we had a good meeting, have a look at the presentations
- you should sign up for this mailing list if you haven't already
- and ask what OARC can do for them !
(Let me know if some slides would be helpful)

> ccNSO members are either OARC members or small-or-medium ccTLD
> managers, not directly plugged into randy b. or paul v. brains. And
> often not subscribed to the good mailing lists. And there is also the
> even more general ICANN public: lawyers, politicians, journalists,
> etc. Given the limited amount of time and attention, what is message
> n° 1 from the DNS operations "community"?

>From a dnsops "community" perspective, I think I'll defer to the other
people on this list who are running DNS services themselves, but suspect
they'll have things to say about DSNSEC and open recursive resolvers...

Keith