[dns-operations] GoDaddy DNS broken IPv6 Resolvability / Note on akam.net NS sets

Tobias Fiebig tobias at fiebig.nl
Mon Feb 5 07:55:40 UTC 2024

Moin,
> Isn't domaincontrol.com used by GoDaddy to "sinkhole" abuse-related
> domain names?
I kind of doubt it, given that in 2017 ~15% of all domains we saw had
ns01/ns02.domaincontrol.com;

Looking at some current data, I find ~60M domains with an NS under
domaincontrol.com; Size-wise that is a bit over than a quarter of .com
(~220M atm, iirc),... if those are all abuse-domains,... would be a bit
steep...

Also, it would kind of mean that .it and .fr have ~100% of their
GoDaddy domains rated as malicious. Which, then again, would be an
oddity of itself, I'd be rather curious about. ;-)

With best regards,
Tobias

--
Dr.-Ing. Tobias Fiebig