[dns-operations] DNS .com/.net resolution problems in the Asia/Pacific region

Ondřej Surý ondrej at sury.org
Tue Jul 18 18:54:04 UTC 2023

With my implementor’s hat on, I think this is wrong approach. It (again) adds a complexity to the resolvers and yet again based (mostly) on isolated incident. I really don’t want yet another “serve-stale” in the resolvers. I have to yet see an evidence that serve-stale has helped anything since the original incident, but now every resolver has to have it because people want it.

And operationally, it will just pamper over the issue which might then go unnoticed for longer period of time rather than being fixed right away.

Ondrej
--
Ondřej Surý <ondrej at sury.org> (He/Him)