[dsc] DSC on/in influxdb - Retention Policies and Continuous Queries

Jerry Lundström jerry at dns-oarc.net
Fri Oct 28 08:07:20 UTC 2022

Hi Calvin,

On 9/7/22 13:13, Calvin Browne wrote:
> for those running DSC feeding into InfluxDB - I'm wondering is anyone
> has set up any continuous queries and retention policies?
>
> If you have, I'd appreciate pointers in your strategies (and/or some
> examples?).

I haven't played with CQ but when I looked at the retention policy
configuration for v1.x some years ago it was more like configuring
rrdtools for when it should roll up data into larger time sets.

For v2.x this seem to have changed a bit and I'm still reading up on it.

I donno if anyone else have answered offline but if you have specific
issue let me know and I can try to help.

Cheers,
Jerry