[dsc] Simultaneous Output?

Jerry Lundström jerry at dns-oarc.net
Wed Nov 17 07:49:36 UTC 2021

Hi Mauricio,

On 11/16/21 6:15 PM, Mauricio Cárdenas wrote:
> Is it possible to have DSC output both XML and JSON at the same time? I
> want to keep XML for our current monitoring, but wanted to play around with
> JSON and grafana or something.

Yes, you can enable both at the same time and you'll get two files.

  output_format XML;
  output_format JSON;

Per man-page:

  output_format FORMAT ;
    Specify the output format, can be give multiple times to
    output in more then one format.  Default output format
    is XML, see section DATA FORMATS and FILE NAMING
    CONVENTIONS.

I will update the man-page to describe this similar to how it describes
multiple configuration options elsewhere (like interface).

Cheers,
Jerry