[dsc] dsc now in Debian

Marc Haber mh+dsc at zugschlus.de
Mon Apr 11 07:51:26 UTC 2011

Hi,

just a heads-up: After too long time, dsc has recently been accepted
to Debian/GNU Linux and will hopefully be part of Debian wheezy.

The Debian package is maintained by Sebastian Laubscher and me. We are
using Alioth, Debian's FusionForge instance, and have the packaging
under version control in git.

A few links to Debian resources:

Alioth Project Page: https://alioth.debian.org/projects/dsc/

Git: git clone https://alioth.debian.org/anonscm/git/dsc/dsc.git

Bugs:
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?repeatmerged=no&src=dsc-statistics

Package Tracking System:
http://packages.qa.debian.org/d/dsc-statistics.html

Open Maintainer Mailing List:
(dsc-maintainers at lists.alioth.debian.org)

We had to make some patches to the build process to make it better
behaved in the packaging enviroment. Back in October 2010, I had
presented these patches on this list, and you can of course see them
in our git. If you want me to, I can provide them in a format suitable
for inclusion into the upstrem dsc sources, but I think that they
should be reviewed before by somebody who is more familiar with the
actual build process and the tools being used.

Greetings
Marc