[dsc] dsc and pcap files

Duane Wessels wessels at measurement-factory.com
Tue May 20 18:17:10 UTC 2008

On Tue, 20 May 2008, Daniel Migault wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to know if it is possible to consider a pcap file rather
> than an network interface for DSC.

Hi Daniel,

DSC isn't really desinged to handle pcap files at this time.  The code makes
some assumptions about capturing packets in "real time."  I think there
are some cases where DSC may ignore the difference between the time
that a packet was captured and the value of the timestamp in the pcap
header.

If this feature is important to you then we can talk about adding it to
the code.

Duane W.