[dsc] IP version filter

Alexander Gall gall at switch.ch
Tue Dec 18 16:21:35 UTC 2007

I'd like to have separate client statistics for IPv4 and IPv6.  I've
added filters to select the IP version used to transport a DNS
message called 'ipv4' and 'ipv6'.

To start with, I've added two sub-graphs to the "Rcodes by Client
Address" graph, showing each address family separately.  They are
generated from two new datasets called client_addr_ipv{4,6}_vs_rcode
in addition to client_addr_vs_rcode (which holds both address
families):

dataset client_addr_vs_rcode dns Rcode:rcode ClientAddr:client replies-only max-cells=50;
dataset client_addr_ipv4_vs_rcode dns Rcode:rcode ClientAddr:client replies-only,ipv4 max-cells=50;
dataset client_addr_ipv6_vs_rcode dns Rcode:rcode ClientAddr:client replies-only,ipv6 max-cells=50;

The "Classification" and "Client Geography" graphs require a bit more
work.

Most IPv6 addresses are too wide and are cut off at the left margin of
the graphs.  I haven't tried to fix that yet.

The attached patches for the collector and the presenter include some
of the stuff I've posted earlier.

--
Alex