[dsc] IPv6 Support?

Andrew Ruthven andrew.ruthven at catalyst.net.nz
Mon Aug 27 01:49:18 UTC 2007

Hi Duane,

> I'm running Linux (Debian Etch) and I'm getting absolutely no output.
> If I strace the process, then I see some data being handed into dsc from
> recvfrom, but no output is displayed.

I've just been digging into things using gdb, and I've found that in
pcap.c the packets are being dropped in handle_ether function, because
the is_ethertype_ip check is failing.

It appears that I don't have ETHERTYPE_IPV6 defined on my Linux boxes.

Adding:

#ifndef ETHERTYPE_IPV6
#define ETHERTYPE_IPV6 0x86dd
#endif

To pcap.h resolved my issue.

Thanks for your help!  (Now, to see how the presenter handles this
data!)

--
Andrew Ruthven, Wellington, New Zealand
At work: andrew.ruthven at catalyst.net.nz
At home: andrew at etc.gen.nz
GPG fpr: 34CA 12A3 C6F8 B156 72C2  D0D7 D286 CE0C 0C62 B791