[dsc] Problem collector DSC

Duane Wessels wessels at measurement-factory.com
Thu Aug 9 15:46:01 UTC 2007

On Thu, 9 Aug 2007, stan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have  a problem for counting the total number of query DNS.
> When I send 320 000 query (10 000 cname) by QueryPerf, I lost 59 query
> in the XML file  client_total
>
> My conf file :
>
> dataset qname_qtype dns Qname:qname Qtype:qtype queries-only;
> dataset qname_client dns Qname:qname Client:client_subnet queries-only
> max-cells=50;
> dataset qtype_total dns All:null Qtype:qtype queries-only;
> dataset client_total dns All:null Client:client_subnet queries-only
> max-cells=50;
>
> I think the number of CNAME is too high but why I have this problem ?

Perhaps the queries were sent faster than the collector process could
handle them, so some packets were dropped.  Did you happen to notice
the CPU usage of the dsc program during your test?

You could also try removing the "max-cells=50" options, but if I
understand your test correctly, I doubt that will help.

Duane W.