[dsc] IPv6 Support?

Duane Wessels wessels at measurement-factory.com
Tue Apr 3 00:47:51 UTC 2007

On Fri, 30 Mar 2007, Duane Wessels wrote:

> This should be easy for me to add.  I will let you and the list
> know when it is ready.

Well it wasn't as easy as I imagined, but I have some code up for
anyone to try:

http://dns.measurement-factory.com/tools/dsc/download/dsc-200704021841.tar.gz

You should find -DUSE_IPV6=1 in the top-level Makefile now.

There are no configuration file changes necessary to support IPv6.
If you have v6 traffic you should see it in any dataset that uses
the client address or subnet.

I have only tested the collector so far.  I have not yet tested the
presenter (graphing) to make sure that v6 addresses will be displayed
correctly there.

Duane W.