[dns-operations] DNSbomb attack

John Levine johnl at taugh.com
Tue May 28 14:55:26 UTC 2024

It appears that OndŠej Surý <ondrej at sury.org> said:
>I don’t know why are you trying to create rift where there’s really none.

I suspect that I am not the only person who is getting a wee bit tired
of papers that say OMG MOST AWFUL DNS FLAW EVER! INTERNET WILL
COLLAPSE! MUST CHANGE ALL RFCS! and the authors send out press
releases, when in fact it should say "here's a DNS attack that was
described a decade ago but isn't yet patched everywhere" or at most
"here's yet another amplification attack you should defend against."

I realize it can be a challenge to get conference papers accepted but
that's not our problem.

R's,
John