[dns-operations] DNS Operations

Joe Abley jabley at strandkip.nl
Sat Mar 2 18:20:43 UTC 2024

Op 2 mrt 2024 om 14:13 heeft Lee <ler762 at gmail.com> het volgende geschreven:

> How about the most popular DNS server software that end-users chose to
> run at home?

So I think you need to qualify whether you are talking about authoritative servers or recursive servers or forwarders, and what you mean by popular, and which homes. It seems possible that by some measures the most popular DNS software that end-users choose at home is 8.8.8.8.

But I think more fundamentally I'm wondering what any of these questions have to do with DNS operations.

Joe