[dns-operations] OARC 40 in Atlanta/Grafana + DSC in Atlanta - missed you

Steve Sullivan stevos at dns-oarc.net
Mon Mar 6 21:53:25 UTC 2023

Hi Andy,

Steve at OARC reaching out. I was looking forward to meeting you in
person at the DSC+ Grafana information exchange session and hoping to
share more of the changes we have made since COX terminated Membership.
Maybe next time OARC and/or I am in Atlanta, we can connect? .

We did launch a Mentor program at OARC workshops, which comes directly
from the conversation you and I had in 2021. The idea is to introduce
folks to other attendees and be sure newcomers feel welcome and secure,
which as you pointed out was missing from OARC Workshops. Jerry will be
offering more DSC+Grafana information transfer sessions with remote
attendance options, so please watch the
dns-operations at lists.dns-oarc.net mailing list for more announcements on
when these will be held. They are typically free to Active OARC Member
Contacts, but tend to be pretty economical. In the case of larger Orgs,
Jerry could hold a command performance for COX as long as the interest
justifies it. Still, there will be other sessions open as we have done
in the recent past.

Do you attend any other DNS-centric events throughout the year? Our next
workshop will likely be in Vietnam collocated with IDS, which we expect
to see more than the usual subjects as its been a while since OARC and
ICANN have been in that region. There is a Hackathon coming up in May
too at the RIPE NCC RIPE 86 in Rotterdam that OARC is cosponsoring with
RIPE and Netnod. Teams are forming now, and its be great to see a COX
team participate. These are also great opportunities to meet other
experts in the DNS Space. More info on that is available here:
<https://www.netnod.se/join-the-dns-hackathon-2023>.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Kind regards,

--

Steve Sullivan
Membership Coordinator

*Your company can help support DNS-OARC's mission thru Workshop
Sponsorship and Yearly Patronage
More info at: Workshop Patronage & Sponsorship.
<https://www.dns-oarc.net/workshop/patronage-sponsorship> Ask for a
quotation today! ***