[dns-operations] service.gov.scot erroneous NXDOMAIN from "scot" auth servers

Klaus Malorny Klaus.Malorny at knipp.de
Mon Jun 26 07:23:13 UTC 2023

On 20.06.23 04:42, Viktor Dukhovni wrote:
> The gov.scot zone is unsigned, with "service.gov.scot" as a subdomain,
> but "DS" queries for "service.gov.scot" incorrectly elicit NXDOMAIN,
> rather than NODATA responses from the "scot" auth servers.
>
>      $ dig -t ds service.gov.scot @anycast9.irondns.net +norecur +nocmd +noall +nostats +comment +noedns
>      ;; Got answer:
>      ;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NXDOMAIN, id: 22729
>      ;; flags: qr aa; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 1, ADDITIONAL: 0

Hi Viktor, readers of the dns-operations list,

I just want to let you know that we fixed the problem and updated our
name server infrastructure last Wednesday/Thursday.

Regards,
Klaus

--

        dnsmaster at corenic.org    Klaus Malorny
                                 Knipp Medien und Kommunikation GmbH
                                 obo. CORE Internet Council of Registrars