[dns-operations] Enabling DNSSEC signing for pagerduty.com

Viktor Dukhovni ietf-dane at dukhovni.org
Wed Jun 7 06:07:51 UTC 2023

On Tue, Jun 06, 2023 at 11:00:29AM -0600, Andy Smith via dns-operations wrote:

> We (PagerDuty) are in the process of enabling DNSSEC signing across
> our domains, and today (June 6th) we’re planning to enable it for
> pagerduty.com and associated subdomains (e.g. eu.pagerduty.com). Given
> the potential impact and the large number of organizations using our
> services, we thought it would be a good idea to let people know it’s
> happening in case any problems occur. If you do see any issues, feel
> free to contact me directly or support via support at pagerduty.com.

According to DNSViz: <https://dnsviz.net/d/pagerduty.com/ZIAdCA/dnssec/>
sibling AAAA glue is missing for ns-474.awsdns-59.com.  This is not
something pagerduty.com can do anything about (except pass it along to
AWS).  Since I am not much of a fan of sibling glue anyway, not a
problem really, but if there is IPv4 glue for an NS host it should
also have IPv6 glue if the auth AAAA RR exists.

--
    Viktor.