[dns-operations] Google Public DNS has enabled case randomization globally

Paul Vixie paul at redbarn.org
Sat Jul 29 16:07:21 UTC 2023

<<We discovered that this mechanism, originally proposed in a March 2008
draft “Use of Bit 0x20 in DNS Labels to Improve Transaction Identity”,
is highly effective and widely supported.>>

would the google dns team be willing to contribute to this draft in the
ietf dns wg? we have not pressed the matter since 2008 simply because
noone cared. with google now deploying it for quad8, i think we might
get a different result today than we got 14 years ago.

Tianhao Chi via dns-operations wrote on 2023-07-26 09:46:

P Vixie