[dns-operations] OARC chat server outage

Matthew Pounsett matt at dns-oarc.net
Wed Oct 19 20:48:39 UTC 2022

Those of you on the <https://chat.dns-oarc.net/> Mattermost server may have noticed that it is offline.  It appears that some runaway logging filled up the disk and took out the back-end database.  I’m working with the managed hosting company that runs the service to sort out why.

While we can clear up storage and get the DB back online, we’d like to make sure it isn’t immediately going to fill back up again, so we’re delaying until we can identify and fix the root cause.

We’re hoping to have it up and running again soon.

Our apologies for the disruption.

I’ll follow up to this email when we have the service running again.

Matt Pounsett
DNS-OARC Systems Engineering