[dns-operations] PTR Records for Broadband Network?

Michele Neylon - Blacknight michele at blacknight.com
Wed Nov 23 14:06:17 UTC 2022

Joe

Sorry about the email format - Outlook has a mind of its own at times :(

We have been trying to contact the various companies our clients are having issues with. I've personally spent hours trying to get Ticketmaster to escalate my query to somebody with a $clue, but got stuck in their CS system from hell :(

The PTR records are fine - many of them have been there for many years. Somebody else pointed out to me offlist that some are missing A records, so we'll address that.
We've checked the IPs against blacklists and nothing is showing that we can find.
While *some* of the IP ranges we are using might be "secondhand" several of them are shiny and new and were never used prior to them allocated to us. Of the "used" ranges none were problematic and some come from another Irish ISP that has been consumed via M+A (not by us!).

If you or anyone else can suggest mailing lists where I might stumble across people who work for some of these companies please do let me know - it'd be appreciated.

Regards

Michele

--

Mr Michele Neylon

Blacknight Solutions

Hosting, Colocation & Domains

https://www.blacknight.com/

https://blacknight.blog/
http://ceo.hosting/
Intl. +353 (0) 59  9183072

Direct Dial: +353 (0)59 9183090

Blacknight Internet Solutions Ltd, Unit 12A,Barrowside Business Park,Sleaty Road,Graiguecullen,Carlow,R93 X265, Ireland  Company No.: 370845