[dns-operations] TLD .law - non-signing KSK with referenced DS

Brett Carr brett.carr at nominet.uk
Fri Jan 14 16:30:51 UTC 2022

I’m not aware of anything that would of caused issues but will have a look into it.

Thanks for the pointer.

Brett

--
Brett Carr
Manager DNS Engineering

From: dns-operations <dns-operations-bounces at dns-oarc.net> on behalf of Matthew Richardson <matthew-l at itconsult.co.uk>
Date: Friday, 14 January 2022 at 14:39
To: dns-operations at dns-oarc.net <dns-operations at dns-oarc.net>
Subject: Re: [dns-operations] TLD .law - non-signing KSK with referenced DS
On Fri, 14 Jan 2022 13:25:35 +0000, Brett Carr <brett.carr at nominet.uk>
wrote:

>This is the expected state, this TLD is mid transition when this is complete the currently unused DS and DNSKEY will be used for signing. This is pre-publication of the new data.

Thanks for that inforation (and also to Ondrej & Viktor).  My learning
experience for today is that a DS can point at a standby, but as yet
unused, KSK.  Re-reading bits of rfc6781, this now makes sense to me.

Out of interest, was it intentional that the authoratitives were returning
NXDOMAIN for dnsc.nic.law, dnsa.nic.law, dns1.nic.law & dns3.nic.law from
11 January for a day or two whilst they were still listed in the root
delegation?

https://secure-web.cisco.com/1zx4gBN4DR-m6F2Ju1oBl-gxKnWnNg4KvA9CcOOCfFxjfnzwXMzRhIm0PQCyBb0u438EEuhOBPd2Vv3EIeskqu8uddILIGaY3yS8E8umUXMwzNdoNVBtHkk8EnYTW91gPhSOgUMaaMwJHmMG_A4eDlNxo4hfNUaWvDbDu-WjTzH7h-kqJCOTT0MDiqFqzbEWClfifmb-KiW14RMaFDOxOOE8adZ8XFbSkBJNti6pt4D3-QIbkjPqQJeRhP_WNng52sabm0IQ3VJGZgG9YSmD5YZyHI-WBvP9AT641DIhJ61M/https%3A%2F%2Fwww.zonemaster.fr%2Fresult%2F9e9d3f9ca39a9e6e

Best wishes,
Matthew