[dns-operations] CFP for DINR 2023 virtual workshop, Feb. 22 2023, for early DNS research

Wes Hardaker wjhns1 at hardakers.net
Thu Dec 15 00:22:00 UTC 2022

We would like to invite you to our upcoming virtual workshop on "DNS and Internet Naming Research Directions - 2023" (DINR-2023). We will be holding this workshop virtually over Zoom on Wednesday 2023-02-22 from 14:00 to 20:00 UTC (that's 07:00-13:00 PDT on the US west coast).

This year, we have a particular focus on making naming data usable: labeling data, use of machine learning over labeled, data, and how anonymization interacts with analysis. However, we continue to welcome all DNS-related topics on infrastructure, tools, and any early DNS and general name space related work.

If you have work in these areas to share, or you want to hear about what the community is doing, we'd love to have you join us for DINR-2023.

Like previous years, we're planning for a very interactive day of short talks followed by longer discussions. We are soliciting short abstracts (suggested 1 page text + 1 page references) from people who are interested presenting at the workshop. Abstracts are due soon after the start of the new year (2023-01-18), but as a reminder they need not be lengthy. Co-chairs are John Heidemann and Wes Hardaker (both at USC/ISI), with Goeff Huston (APNIC) and Giovane Moura (SIDN Labs) on the Technical Program Committee.

For details about DINR2023, see https://ant.isi.edu/events/dinr2023/ . (For information about prior versions DINR2021 and DINR2020, see https://ant.isi.edu/events/ .)

In addition, we will have a short tutorial about the DIINER experimental produced datasets and our DNS testbed on 2022-02-23. For details about the tutorial, see https://ant.isi.edu/events/dinr2023#tutorial

Please let us know if you're interested, or register your abstract at https://ant.isi.edu/dinr2023sub .

-John and Wes
--
Wes Hardaker