[dns-operations] Oddness with Cloudfare authoritative servers

Brown, William wbrown at e1b.org
Wed Sep 22 19:58:07 UTC 2021

From: dns-operations <dns-operations-bounces at dns-oarc.net> On Behalf Of Erik Stian Tefre
Sent: Wednesday, September 22, 2021 3:38 PM
To: dns-operations at lists.dns-oarc.net
Subject: Re: [dns-operations] Oddness with Cloudfare authoritative servers

> Possibly not a DNS issue at all, but something like this:

> https://community.cloudflare.com/t/revil-ransomware/301435

> (Executive summary: One Cloudflare IP being blocked by a firewall because of a different and misbehaving Cloudflare customer who happened to serve malicious content from that same IP.)

> Regards,
> Erik

Interesting.  The real issue I am experiencing is that I am getting inconsistent responses from nominally the same authoritative server.  It just so happens that when we get 172.64.80.1 as the answer it fails.  I would prefer to get the correct answer so students can use the online educational resource the district is paying for.
Confidentiality Notice: This electronic message and any attachments may contain confidential or privileged information, and is intended only for the individual or entity identified above as the addressee. If you are not the addressee (or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the addressee), or if this message has been addressed to you in error, you are hereby notified that you may not copy, forward, disclose or use any part of this message or any attachments. Please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail or telephone and delete this message from your system.