[dns-operations] Full-service resolver - Pending Upstream Query behaviour

Vladimír Čunát vladimir.cunat+ietf at nic.cz
Tue Oct 5 19:36:02 UTC 2021

On 05/10/2021 18.01, Frederico A C Neves wrote:
> I would like to start a discussion or to hear implenters and operators
> of Full-service resolvers on what would be the best software
> architecture or best current configuration practice to handle a
> traffic pattern when a very popular name enters a scenario were all
> the auth-servers are timing-out or network unreachable.

I'm not sure if there can be *one* BCP way.  I suspect it would even be
harmful if all vendors aimed for the same approach here, as for rarer
(combinations of) events I see lack of diversity as additional risk.
(be it on scale of one resolver provider or wider internet)  I suppose
it would be possible to collect ideas from whoever wanted to contribute
them, in some way, or at least collect "common problems" that need to be
addressed - without prescribing too much how to solve them.

--Vladimir | knot-resolver.cz